Friday 22 July 2011

BSNYC Friday Fun Quiz!

I have a confession to make: I have Tour de France fever. And the only prescription is more Voeckler:


Yes, as I mentioned in my Bicycling.com blog, I'll be darned if that plucky little Frenchman hasn't tongued his way into my heart. (Eeew.) Indeed, as I type this a dramatic and no doubt decisive Tour stage is underway as the riders head towards Alpe d'Huez (pronounced "LAY-oh-pard Trek"). Therefore, I will get right down to the sordid business of quiz administration so that you may test your knowledge and then turn your attention to the race as well--assuming you care about it, that is. If you don't, here's a video of the great Serge Huercio that you can watch and enjoy instead:



Either way, I'm pleased to present you with a quiz. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right you will experience joy, and if you're wrong you'll hear that guy "foffing off" over a Specialized again.

Thanks very much for reading, ride safe, and ride happy (but not too happy).


--Wildcat Rock Machine




1) During this year's Tour de France, sprinter Mark Cavendish was attacked by a:

--Stray dog
--Pie-wielding protester
--Disembodied lady hand



(The Pinarello is stock, but the cow jersey is bespoke.)

2) Sub-enthusiast-level cyclist Larry Olmsted says you need a custom bike because






3) According to custom bike apologist Larry Olmsted, track racing is:






4) Which city has passed a "Bicyclist Anti-Harassment Ordinance?"





("I'm walking here!")

5) In New York City, it's perfectly fine to drive on the sidewalk.





6) This pigeon is wearing a pirate diaper.





7) Which of the following is not true of the new anorak from Outlier?



***Special Temperature-Themed Bonus Question***


("It's hot.")

It's hot.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons