Wednesday 22 August 2007

Sanding the Old Paint

One of the bad things about recording one's thoughts in print: it hurts worse when they come back to bite you in the backside.

On August 19, I wrote: "I think the sanding will go pretty fast."

I was wrong. Well, I guess it is going relatively quick, but it's a bit harder than I thought it would be. The fault is partially my own, as I started out using sandpaper that was too fine (220 grit). I have now switched to a 120 grit sandpaper, which is taking the paint off much faster. Of course, there are lots of angles and nooks and crannies where the sandpaper won't reach (at least not very well). I may also be sanding my fingerprints off in the process. Maybe some gloves...

I was going to try to have the sanding done by this weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen, since I just ran out of sandpaper and have to go buy some more.

I'll post pictures when all the sanding is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons