Friday 6 March 2009

Watching Paint Dry

I'm at the penultimate stage in the Huffeigh work now, which is painting. I'm doing a full sand, prime, paint, and clear coat job on both fenders, the top tube, and the chain stays. The rest is just getting touched up. Shown here are the finished front fender, fork, and chain guard. A few days ago, I did the white portion of the rear fender, and today's task was priming the rest of it and masking off and priming the frame. I'd like to try to get the paint done on both this weekend or early next week. Then clear coat, a few more new parts to get together, and then reassembly.


I have to admit, the painting stage and all of its sub-stages is trying my patience. The end is so close now, I just want to be done! As with all things, however, patience is a virtue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons