Monday 11 August 2008

Reader Project: Pete's Schwinn Suburban

I'm happy to say that Pete found my blog while looking for a fender fix for his new old 1970s Schwinn Suburban. He found my post about DIY fender arm extensions useful, and shared some photos with me.  He's got many more at his blog, The Bicycle Commuter Trials, and a description of what he'll be doing with the bike. I've excerpted some of his description:


Recently my wife found a ladies bike being thrown away that was in fairly decent condition. All it needed was a good wash and a quick tune and it was on the road again. We also purchased a baby trailer so we could all go riding together...I wanted another bike made for cruising and having been inspired by cleaning up my wife's bike that she found. I wanted a true junker, something old & classic that needed some tender loving care.  A quick look on Craigslist and I found this 1970's Schwinn Suburban...[S]he needs some work & is in rough shape. The bike is non-rideable at the moment. On the way home I stopped by a Schwinn dealer and picked up a new front brake, all new cables, some missing nuts & bolts, and new tires & tubes. I also stopped by Autozone for some grease, steel wool, & some degreaser. I plan on breaking her all the way down, cleaning off the rust, & greasing her down. Then of course, building her back up with some fresh lube.

Happy grease-monkeying, Pete, and thanks for sharing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons