Friday 8 August 2008

Reader Project: Renee's Rollfast

Renee has started a blog to record the process of refurbishing her bike (sounds familiar...), which won't be a restoration, but a real custom job, including a paint job of her own design. Renee estimates it's a 1940s or 1950s model, but is having a hard time identifying it due to subsequent layers of spray and house paint. I think 1950s is probably on the mark, but I'm still developing an eye for these things, so don't take my word exclusive.  Here's what Renee has to say on her blog, Rollfast:   


Here's my funky old bike! As you can see, she's in need of some work. Luckily, it's all cosmetic. See that huge chain guard? That there is a canvas just crying out for art. I've got a neat design already worked out to paint on that. The first step will be to disassemble the whole thing (and label all the nuts and bolts so I can put it back together properly!). I'm probably going to have to order some of the parts online, but I'll check out some of the local bike shops for parts, too. The main thing it needs are new wheels and tires.


At the moment, Renee is in the middle of painting, so stop by and check it out.  Should be fun to keep an eye on!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons