Friday 11 December 2009

BSNYC Frifun Quiz Day!

While as a rule I avoid congratulating myself, I will occasionally make an exception on Fridays, since a general spirit of revelry tends to pervade these last few dwindling work hours. As it happens, I recently fulfilled a lifelong goal, which is to be mentioned alongside actor Matthew Modine. (Well, "lifelong" is a bit of an exaggeration; I've had it ever since seeing his excellent work in "Married to the Mob.") Yes, thanks to Recycle-A-Bicycle, this has finally happened, since he and I (as well as some other bike dorks) have signed limited edition Batavus bicycles which will be auctioned off to support some cause I haven't bothered to look into but which I am assured is worthy:


Here's my STMS (or "Seat Tube-Mounted Signature"):

Please know that I am under no illusion that my writing on something somehow enhances its value, and in fact I tried to explain that my signature on this would actually diminish its worth. (I know this is true because every check I sign bounces.) Still, they wanted me to do it, and who am I to deny the children? (Or whoever it is who benefits from the auction.) So if you're feeling altruistic and want to own a bike signed by Matthew Modine, be sure to go to the live auction on Monday, December 14th.


While I'm slavering all over myself, I also noticed recently that Fox Racing Shox (makers of boingy things for people with hairy legs) actually consider this site "media:"

The fact that a suspension fork maker would afford me this sort of respect almost assuages the indignity of being called "the queen of little NYC 'green-girly' bikes" by the "king of MOUNTAIN BIKE blogs." Incidentally, I still "palp" the fork when conditions warrant suspensionway and I've been very pleased with it, but don't expect to spot me because I always make sure it's disguised:

With that, I'm pleased to present you with a quiz. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right you'll know, and if you're wrong you'll see the Japanese "Quicksilver."

Thanks for reading, ride safe, and if you're in Bend for Cyclocross Nationals I wish you "Happy Portaging."

--BSNYC/RTMS




1) What is this?

--The Wiener Dog of Destiny





2) Karl-Friedrich Drais invented:

--The "Cyclocross Remount"





3) It's enough already with the:






4) Tweed rides are out. _____________ are in:






5) "Dignity schmignity." Nothing says "Take us seriously" like:







"Interestingly, at this point, there is no proprietary engineering employed between the rim and tire interface, nor could Sullivan definitively cite a specific performance improvement that comes from the K10 'system.'"

6) The above is a quote from which publication regarding Mavic's new wheel-and-tire "system?"

--VeloNews





7) "A can of Simoniz." Or, in the cycling world:






8) Singlespeeders generally prefer calf tattoos over knuckle tattoos because:





***Surprisingly Erotic Jobst Brandt-Themed Bonus Question***



According to serial retrogrouch and uber-curmudgeon Jobst Brandt, the practice of tire wiping (removing debris from the tire by hand while in motion) has no validity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons