Monday 11 January 2010

This Just In: BSNYC Not Feeling Well!

In publishing this blog, I always make best efforts to spare readers from the tedium of my private affairs. However, this morning I found myself feeling quite unwell. I'm not sure from what malady I suffer, but whatever it is it appears to be uniquely tailored to prevent me from blogging. As the slogan for Johan Museeuw's flaxen bikes goes, "To Feel is to Believe," and you can believe me when I say I feel like crap:

Please be assured that I am not seeking sympathy; in fact, if you find me irritating I encourage you to revel in my misery. No, I merely wanted to let my readers know why I will not be fulfilling my blogular responsibilities in full today. After all, I've been maintaining this blog for quite awhile now (anywhere from one to three years, I am too feeble to count) and I like to think we've reached a point where I can dispense with the pretenses occasionally and be honest. I only hope that you will forgive me, as more than being ill it pains me to have to bore you with a post that is little more than an excuse. Also, my condition is putting a serious crimp in my training for the Monstertrack alleycat--especially the much-anticipated "Food Down" competition:


Yes, at the moment keeping food down is not my specialty.

Having said all that, I promise to return with regular, actual updates as soon as possible, or at least to keep you apprised of my condition (inasmuch as it relates to the "curation" of this blog). I also encourage you to read other blogs, such as the excellent "Cycling Inquisition." And in the meantime, I will take solace in some of the delightful items I've received from readers recently, such as these onomotapoeic knuckle tattoos:


(I assume the "pew pew" is meant to evoke a laser beam sound.)

Also, from commenter Ant1, I've learned of this new wooden bicycle, which indicates that "Woodway" is "Colorway 2.0:"

In my present condition I may need to think about whittling myself a wooden bike, since it's apparently acceptable to ride them in pajamas:

I will then affix to it a military surplus pannier, like this one spotted some time ago by a reader in Portland:



A city in which sandals and pant-cuff retention go together like wood bikes and pajamas, or like coffee and smugness:


Speaking of Portland, in no other city are Pistas sold more creatively:



$300 is quite a deal, since the Dutch bike I "autographed" for Recycle-A-Bicycle ultimately sold for a whopping (by "whopping" I mean "meager) $700--less, sadly, than the Matthew Modine and David Byrne bikes, but equal to the Jannette Sadik-Khan bike.

And with that, I leave you to focus on my recovery. May this handlebar tramp stamp steer me back to wellness.


--BSNYC/RTMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons