Saturday 23 January 2010

Green, Green and... Green? Contemplating a Sage Decision

As you probably know by now, my main bicycle is Eustacia Vye, a Pashley Princess Sovereign. She is green. A dark forest green.


This is Eustacia.

And over the holidays I received a Rivendell Sam Hillborne frame, which will eventually be built up as my "road bike". It is also green. A shimmery olive green.

Now I must make my final decision about the colour of my Royal H. mixte frame. And the colour I am choosing is this one:

Sage green ...which, although different from those other two, is yes, also a green. Is it madness to have three modern bicycles that are all green? A rhetorical question I guess!

The paint will be done by Circle A. Cycles in Providence, RI, who are renown not only for the excellent bicycles they build, but also for their beautiful and durable liquid paint jobs. Initially I thought that I would get this frame powdercoated, but the logistics proved that liquid would work better. Choosing the colour is difficult, especially over the internet. So I am mailing Circle A. a little packet with physical colour samples, and they will choose the colour that matches them best. Hopefully it will look something like the sage green above.

If you could have a bicycle any colour you want, what would it be? Does it depend on the type of bicycle (silver racing bike, black roadster, etc.) or would your choice be universal? And has anybody else besides me ended up with all of their bicycles in the same colour family? I feel a little strange about this preference for green bikes, but apparently not strange enough to choose a different colour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons