Friday 15 April 2011

BSNYC Friday Fun Quiz! (And Also I'm Going on Hiatus!)

Firstingly, I should mention that, as of today, I will be taking a short leave of absence from this blog, but I will return on Tuesday, April 26th with regular updates. As for what I will actually be doing during this leave of absence, I don't want to say that I will not be on an exotic endangered species hunting trip with Ted Nugent, but I will not be on an exotic endangered species hunting trip with Ted Nugent. In the meantime, if I have any important news to relay (such as, "Awesome! Just bagged a Black Rhino!") I will do so by means of my Twittering account.



I must admit that I was dreading this--mostly because, given the bicycle backlash here in New York City, I figured the last thing we needed was for a show about how crazy messengers are to fart on the flames of everybody's apparent hatred for anybody on a bike. However, while it did contain some genuinely cringe-inducing riding, overall I thought the show was pretty good, and it was certainly about a thousand times smarter than your typical fixie hillbombing video or Internet messenger "documentary." Anyway, I three-quarter-heartedly recommend it.

Thirdally, I'm very pleased to announce that today something amazing happened. Yes, after weeks and weeks, the moment I've been waiting for finally arrived. Some days I thought for sure it was going to happen and it didn't, while other days the entire enterprise seemed futile. But now all of that is in the past, and nothing can change the fact that I have officially attained my hard-won goal:

I finally ran out of olive oil.

Why am I so happy I ran out of olive oil? I'll tell you why. Because that meant I could finally crack open my giant can of genuine Andy Hampsten-imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil:

Note that I've included both a pair of Fred-tastic Oakley M-Frames and a bag of my own coffee blend for scale. As you can see, that's one "epic" can of oil. The first thing I did upon opening the can was hoist it to my lips and take a mighty slug from it, and as that sublimely viscous liquid dribbled from my chin and down the front of my "Star Wars" pajamas, I knew right away that this was the best olive oil I'd ever tasted. I'm no olive oil "noob," either--I'm used to the good stuff. In fact, before this I was using an exotic olive oil from a region in Italy called "Canola," and compared to Hampsten's stuff that Canola crap doesn't even taste like olive oil at all.

Finerly, speaking of the New York City bicycle backlash, this morning I was watching Pat Kiernan on NY1, who mentioned the following story about a woman who received a ticket from the NYPD for carrying a tote bag on her handlebars:

Amazing. If there was any remaining question that New York City is officially striving to become the most bicycle-unfriendly city in America and thus transform itself into the bizarro Portland, this should lay it to rest once and for all.

And with that, I'm pleased to present you with a quiz. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right you'll know, and if you're wrong you'll see an "epic old man."

Thanks very much for reading, ride safe, and I look forward to seeing you again when I return on Tuesday, April 26th.


--BSNYC/RTMS








("Keeps out the alpha rays, Max. You don't get old.")

1) Which is not an actual quote from the comments section of fashion blogger The Situationalist's post about bike locks as fashion accessory?









2) Politician Charlie Crist recently apologized to David Byrne for suggesting that Byrne owns a car.







(The guilt is written all over his face.)

3) Where did the "first-ever cycle crime" take place?








4) Folding bicycle manufacturer Brompton is "dropping" a William and Kate royal wedding "collabo" bike.







5) Thanks to the "VelEau," you can now drink from your:








6) Finally! It's a:

--Saddlebag you can drink from
--"Filth prophylactic" you can sit on
--Saddle you can eat out of








7) Really?

--Yes
--No





***Special Reader-Forwarded Extraordinarily Phallic Aerobar-Themed Bonus Question***



Really?

--Yes
--No

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog

Step 1
Blog URL:


Blog Title (optional):


Blog RSS Feed (optional):


I agree with terms of service.

Step 2
Copy the following code and put it on your blog/site to help our blog ping tool track your submission (Need help?):
;

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons